Okazaki Seizai has been involved with the history of wood since our founding in 1917, nearly 100 years ago.
After the war and during Japan’s period of advanced economic growth, the continuous emergence of new materials, such as plastics and other petroleum-based chemical products and alloys, older materials including raw wood put to the side.
However, we at Okazaki Seizai believe in the ongoing possibilities of wood and the unwavering appeal that warms the human heart in a way not achieved by other materials.
This is why we reintroduce wood as a new, “attractive material”. In other words, we want to “restore wood” to its position of glory.
- Main office showroom
- 4-1 Tosaki Motomachi, Okazaki-shi, Aichi-ken
- Tokyo showroom
- 3-14-8 Taishido, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo-to
- Materials plant
- 19 Hama-cho, Gamagori-shi, Aichi-ken
- Otowa Wood Center
- 43 Sawajiri, Otowa-cho, Toyokawa-shi, Aichi-ken
Okazaki Seizai Co., Ltd. Natural Materials Division
- 1917 – Established. Unfinished wood and furniture sales division for Okazaki Seizai Co., Ltd.
- 2001 – Reorganized from Wood Division
- 2005 – Opened “Ku” (space) Gallery in China
- 2013 – Reorganized processing plant into materials workshop